2023 Joint Conference with the Central States Conference on the Teaching of Foreign Languages!
Empathy, Equity, Empowerment
March 9-11, 2023
Hilton Columbus Downton
Conference highlights include:
- an opening keynote address by A.C. Quintero, renowned educator, presenter, and author. She was recently recognized with the 2022 AATSP Excellence in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Award by the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese. Her keynote address is titled “Inquire, Empower & Inspire to Greater Heights: Equity in Action!”
- more than 10 workshops half-day or full-day workshops with regionally and nationally recognized educators.
- more than 140 special focus sessions on:
- Equitable and inclusive practices
- Intercultural communication and competence
- Standards and proficiency-based instruction and strategies
- Curriculum, articulation, and interdisciplinary design
- Technology innovation and integration
- Assessment and feedback
- The latest research in education and language acquisition
- Opportunities to learn from our national and regional World Language Teachers of the Year and from the leaders of our national world language association.
- Best-of sessions from across our 14 mid-western states.
Registration opens on September 1. More information is available at https://www.csctfl.org/conference/general-information
Tech Tuesday posts are a means to advocate for the teaching and learning of world languages through technology. Each post is about a tech related topic – anything from add-ons for Google Slides, to new features in Kahoot! or even tips on using technology to stay organized and create lesson plans. These posts can also be a website to use, an app to download or using an existing activity in a new way through technology. The Tech Integration Committee decides on the topics based on member feedback and members can submit requests for a topic they would like to know more about here.
Congratulations to Jessica Rhoades for being chosen as the recipient of 2021 OFLA Teacher Grant! Jessica Rhoades is the Spanish teacher at Central Crossing High School in the District of South-Western City Schools. She will use the grant to purchase Spanish readers to further improve her students’ reading skills. We look forward to her sharing her experience in an upcoming edition of The Cardinal and at a future OFLA conference.
Join or Renew Online!
Online Membership (Joining OFLA or Renewing your membership) is easy! We’ll walk you through the process of submitting your membership information to OFLA!
Pay through OEA?
If you pay for your OFLA membership through OEA, it’s still easy to ensure your information is up-to-date with OFLA!
To Update your membership information (name, address, email) please click here.
To contact our Membership Chair, click here.
OFLA Governance Documents
Resources for Teachers & Administrators
- CARLA Assessment Resources
- College Guide Survey
- OFLA IPA & SLO Resources
- OFLA Teacher Evaluation Tool for Administrators
- A Professional Guide for Selecting the BEST Candidate for your Foreign Language Program
- World Language Tools and Resources
- OFLA Position Statement on the Merit of Computer Science and Language Learning
- Ohio Seal of Biliteracy Frequently Asked Questions
- Credit Flexibility Guidance for World Languages
Public Relations Documents