Awards & Grants

OFLA Awards

♦   The Nomination Form can be completed and submitted by clicking on the second  link below.

♦   The first link below will give you access to the awards descriptions.

♦   The second link below will link you to the form that you can submit online directly to the Awards committee.

◊  9 Awards Categories for OFLA Members

◊  4 Awards Categories for non-OFLA Members

If you have questions, please contact Lucas Hoffman, Past President and Awards Committee Chair at

pastpres-2017@ofla-online.org.

OFLA Award Descriptions

OFLA Awards Online Nomination Form (This will open in a new window or tab.)

OFLA Teacher of the Year

OFLA Teacher of the Year Award Criteria

OFLA Teacher of the Year Nomination Form (This will open in a new window or tab.)

Student Awards
The Student Achievement Award is intended for Ohio students who have achieved success in language study. Teachers and administrators select students and recognize their achievements with the award.

Grants

OFLA Teacher Grants

Eligibility:

Any active member of the Ohio Foreign Language Association is eligible to apply for an OFLA Teacher Grant, with the exception of those who serve on the selection committee.

Guidelines:

  1. Proposed projects must lead to the development of materials that will be used in the foreign language classroom. They may include requests for travel, software, and equipment.
  2. Proposals must reach the OFLA Scholarship Committee Chair by November 30, 2017.
  3. Grantees must agree to present their materials in a session at the annual conference following the award or in an article for the Cardinal. They are encouraged to share their materials with other teachers through the OFLA’s Instructional Materials Committee.

Funding:

  1. The maximum amount to be awarded is $500 per person.
  2. Grant recipients will receive 80% of the award in May of the year the grant is awarded, and the remaining 20% upon completion of the final requirements, no later than the conclusion of the OFLA conference in the following year.

Due November 30, 2017!

Teacher Grant Application

Scholarships

The OFLA Scholarship Committee provides funding to aid in the growth of World Language Teachers in Ohio. Our mission is to encourage World Language Teachers to develop special projects through OFLA grants, to introduce pre-service teachers to the OFLA organization by providing scholarship money for conference attendance, to provide funding for an immersion experience for pre-service foreign language teachers and to introduce young students to languages through language camp scholarships.

Scholarship Application Forms for 2017